It’s where commerce—and your competition—is headed.The world is shifting from catalogs and phone, fax, email orders to an era of convenience for the customer, and while eCommerce was once a fringe B2B sales channel for manufacturers and distributors, the convenience it allows is elevating it into the buying method of choice for B2B customers.
- Your buyers expect seamless, high-quality online purchasing experiences, and they’re beginning to look for a similarly simple, elegant experience when they make B2B buying decisions.
- This shift in consumer expectations is driving B2B companies online, and a majority of them (57%) believe the shift in commerce from offline to online will be rapid
- This means that more than half of your competition could be gaining an advantage over you in the marketplace. With experts saying U.S. B2B eCommerce will reach $1.13 trillion by 2020
- You can’t afford to do things the old way or do things half way.
It’s good for business – eCommerce is not an option – it’s essentialCustomer orders might not require a lot of hand-holding in your current distribution setup, but it requires far less to have customers take care of themselves. Simply put—you still need to offer great customer service, but eCommerce means more customers are serving themselves. In a consumer-focused, dynamic online environment, your customers can find what they need, discover what they want, and efficiently make purchases—without taking a moment of your time. When you’re saving time, you’re saving money. It’s the perfect scenario:
- It’s easier for your customers to buy from you
- It takes fewer resources to sell more product
- Your sales reps will have more time to focus on higher-margin key accounts
Why haven’t you made the switch?Change on this scale is difficult for every company—even when it makes your job easier and increases your revenue—but that doesn’t mean you have to go through it alone. You aren’t alone, and while it is a big change, it’s not too late to put an eCommerce strategy together that can outsell the competition. NetSymm is here to help. Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org for a demo of our new mobile app.